Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
2 tablespoons milk
¹⁄₃ cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons canola oil
1 pound (454 g) skinless tilapia fillets, cut into 3-inch-long and 1-inch-wide
4 small flour tortillas
Lemon wedges, for topping
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC). Spritz the air fryer basket with
2. Combine the milk, mayo, garlic powder, and chili powder in a bowl.
Stir to mix well. Combine the panko with salt and canola oil in a
separate bowl. Stir to mix well.
3. Dredge the tilapia strips in the milk mixture first, then dunk the strips
in the panko mixture to coat well. Shake the excess off.
4. Arrange the tilapia strips in the preheated air fryer. Air fry for 5
minutes or until opaque on all sides and the panko is golden brown.
Flip the strips halfway through. You may need to work in batches to
5. Unfold the tortillas on a large plate, then divide the tilapia strips over
the tortillas. Squeeze the lemon wedges on top before serving.