Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Makes 14 spring rolls
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups sliced Napa cabbage
5 ounces (142 g) shiitake mushrooms, diced
3 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 (4-ounce / 113-g) package cellophane noodles
¼ teaspoon cornstarch
1 (12-ounce / 340-g) package frozen spring roll wrappers, thawed
How to Prepare:
1. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until
2. Add the cabbage, mushrooms, and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes or
3. Add the ginger, garlic, and scallions and sauté for 1 minutes or until
4. Mix in the soy sauce and turn off the heat. Discard any liquid
remains in the skillet and allow to cool for a few minutes.
5. Bring a pot of water to a boil, then turn off the heat and pour in the
noodles. Let sit for 10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
Transfer 1 cup of the noodles in the skillet and toss with the cooked
vegetables. Reserve the remaining noodles for other use.
6. Dissolve the cornstarch in a small dish of water, then place the
wrappers on a clean work surface. Dab the edges of the wrappers
7. Scoop up 3 tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper, then
fold the corner in front of you over the filling. Tuck the wrapper
under the filling, then fold the corners on both sides into the center.
Keep rolling to seal the wrapper. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
8. Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC) and spritz with cooking spray.
9. Arrange the wrappers in the preheated air fryer and spritz with
cooking spray. Air fry in batches for 10 minutes or until golden
brown. Flip the wrappers halfway through.
10. Serve immediately.