Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 minutes | Serves 4
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large egg whites
1¼ cups panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 avocados, peeled and halved, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
½ small red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 deseeded jalapeño, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup mayonnaise
Juice and zest of 1 lime
4 corn tortillas, warmed
½ cup sour cream
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (204ºC). Spritz the air fryer basket with
2. Pour the flour in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and black
pepper, then stir to mix well.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl. Combine the panko with
olive oil on a shallow dish.
4. Dredge the avocado slices in the bowl of flour, then into the egg to
coat. Shake the excess off, then roll the slices over the panko.
5. Arrange the avocado slices in a single layer in the basket and spritz
the cooking spray.
6. Air fry for 6 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Flip the
slices halfway through with tongs.
7. Combine the cabbage, jalapeño, onions, cilantro leaves, mayo, lime
juice and zest, and a touch of salt in a separate large bowl. Toss to
8. Unfold the tortillas on a clean work surface, then spread with
cabbage slaw and air fried avocados. Top with sour cream and serve.